Balcony Gardening

I was about to give up on my balcony gardening after my tomato and green bell pepper plants died but I just love growing plants and seeing something green on our balcony so I gave it another try. In my last post on my other blog Veggies On Air last November 22, 2013, I sowed some basil and pumpkin seeds. I patiently waited for them to grow and I am glad that they reached this point without dying or being eaten by birds and pests. It took time for the basil seed to germinate, I sowed many seeds but only one survived, I am closely paying attention to this baby because I wanted it to mature so I wouldn't have to buy basil from the supermarket anymore.


On the other hand, the pumpkin seed which I just got from a pumpkin I bought is looking very healthy.


And until recently, I got a surprise, it has flowers!


In addition, I again planted some tomatoes and chili peppers



During our last visit to the supermarket, I got a rosemary seedling, I already transferred it to another pot but I don't have a picture of it yet but it's looking very healthy right now. All the plants are looking fine and again fingers crossed, I am hoping to harvest something this time, maybe a tomato or green peppers or better yet a pumpkin.


My Yellow Bells

Carla is a lifestyle blogger based in Dubai who's thankful to call this ever-evolving city her second home. The pages of this blog are filled with stories about her expat life in the sandpit. It features dining and travel adventures in and around the city and beyond. It also features food recipes, parenting tips, and fashion style.

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your own story or views here.

Cheers
Carla

Previous Post Next Post