How to Register your Tenancy Contract with EJARI


Just recently, I needed to process the residence visa for somebody and to do that, a tenancy contract registered with Ejari is required by Dubai immigration. Since the contract is not yet registered, I went to register it myself.

Ejari is "my rent" in Arabic language but technically it means a revolutionary system that shall move Dubai real estate sector to be one of the best regulated rental market in the world.

Everybody in Dubai who lease an apartment must register their tenancy contract with Ejari especially those individuals with dependents who requires a residency visa in Dubai.

Documents you must have with you before going to the Ejari counter to register

1. Original tenancy contract and copy
2. Emirates ID or passport copies and visa page of all parties for individual (landlord/owner and tenant)
3. Copy of security deposit receipt voucher for leased unit issued by DEWA or current DEWA bill
4. Copy of Title Deed
5. Emirates ID copy of applicant (in this case, my Emirates ID because I am applying on behalf of the person)

I went to Al Manara Municipality building along Sheikh Zayed Road, by metro you can hop off at Noor Islamic Bank metro station and the building is just opposite.

Get a token for Ejari counter and wait for your turn. In my experience, waiting for my number is longer than the processing time, it took only five minutes more or less. The staff was quick and polite and will assist you with all your inquiries.

There are other Ejari counters around Dubai which you will find here.

My Yellow Bells

Carla is a lifestyle blogger based in Dubai who's thankful to call this ever-evolving city her second home. The pages of this blog are filled with stories about her expat life in the sandpit. It features dining and travel adventures in and around the city and beyond. It also features food recipes, parenting tips, and fashion style.

1 Comments

Please feel free to share your own story or views here.

Cheers
Carla

  1. hi i used this website to register online my ejari http://www.ejari-registration.ae
    very quick and reliable!

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post