Banana Split Sandwich

Midnight snacking is not our thing but last night the husband and I came home late due to some important errands. The kids are still up waiting for us.

My daughter got hungry and ask me for some snacks. I was also feeling a little hungry myself since we had shawarma for iftar which was around 7:15pm

I saw this very easy banana split sandwich recipe from a cooking show on tv and I have just the right ingredients available at home. It is quick, easy, healthy and super delish.

You have to try this, I swear you'll forget your name on the first bite :D I was surprised that hubby and the kids love it, will definitely make another batch of this next time.



Ok, so here's what you need

2 ripe bananas
4 slice brown bread
2 knobs of butter
3 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp vanilla

Put your pan on the stove, apply low heat. Add two knobs of butter and allow to melt. Add brown sugar, cinnamon powder, and vanilla. Peel the bananas, cut in half and place on the butter-sugar mixture. Cook the bananas and let it caramelize a little. Lay two brown bread on a plate and divide bananas evenly on each bread, drizzle remaining butter-sugar on top.

Cover with the second slice of bread, press, toast, slice, serve and dig in.


My Yellow Bells

Carla is a lifestyle blogger based in Dubai who's thankful to call this ever-evolving city her second home. The pages of this blog are filled with stories about her expat life in the sandpit. It features dining and travel adventures in and around the city and beyond. It also features food recipes, parenting tips, and fashion style.

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your own story or views here.

Cheers
Carla

Previous Post Next Post