Happy New Year - 2013

Nine hours from now 2012 will be gone and here comes 2013. I thank God that we are still here and that end of the world speculations were completely a hoax. I am also thankful to him for so many blessings. I am glad that I can still celebrate the new year with my family and watch Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world showcase its tallest fireworks display in the world to be recorded tonight by Guinness. Thousands of people will be flocking downtown Dubai and I am scared to face non moving traffic, over crowding, and getting home at 3 am in the morning not to mention waiting almost four hours to witness the event unfold.

We were not in Dubai last new year, we celebrated it in our home country the traditional way but the year before that we were here at the foot of the Burj Khalifa witnessing the change of year from 2010 to 2011. I don't know what to expect except that the management is closing many points of entry to Downtown Dubai. Metro will be packed and Sheikh Zayed Road will be like Karama parking area. But I will set aside my worries, this is the new year and I am excited as a child

I did not realized until today that I haven't shared our experience in New Year 2010. Here are some photos back then. I wish you all a Happy New year. MYB


Dubai Mall fountain dance all night to differenct music pleasing everyone



The crowd is growing every minute at Burj Park where we stayed. Prince was still a baby back then, about eight months now he is two and a half.


Burj Khalifa after the fireoworks display covered in smoke. 


My Yellow Bells

Carla is a lifestyle blogger based in Dubai who's thankful to call this ever-evolving city her second home. The pages of this blog are filled with stories about her expat life in the sandpit. It features dining and travel adventures in and around the city and beyond. It also features food recipes, parenting tips, and fashion style.

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your own story or views here.

Cheers
Carla

Previous Post Next Post